Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Drug Addict

There is a moment before surgery, after they have inserted the IV into your hand, when they give you that drug that completely relaxes you without making you immediately konk out.   Nirvana.  I can feel the coolness of the drug course through my veins as all of the worries, pains and irritations of life just disappear in an instant.  It, and the warmed blankets, are the only thing that ever make me look forward to surgery.

Now, I have the opposite kind of drug coursing through my veins.  No IV is required.  There are times when all is well and I feel it rapidly make its way through the highways of my bloodstream and straight to my heart.  Blood pumping out of control.  Heat.  Sweat.  Agitation spreading like wildfire. 

The hormones of menopause or peri-menopause or whatever stage any 45 year old woman happens to be in just suck.  They take a rational, intelligent and well organized woman and turn her into an emotional slob who can't remember the conversation she had with you two minutes ago.

Uugh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment