Sunday, January 9, 2011

HELP!!!!

One of my themes for this year is to teach people to fish, rather than continuously providing the fish.  I think this is a very good concept.  (I think someone needs to do this for me in the area of technology.)  I think that if I can accomplish this, then everyone's life will be better.

Where I have failed is in the transition.  You can't just stop providing fish and expect people to learn to fish automatically.  I kind of took an all or nothing approach.  Here, let me take care of everything you need and do all of the thinking and give you things to do that don't require any real committment from you.  Okay, I'm exhausted from providing fish for my family and yours too.  I'm feeling kind of used.  You need to learn how to fish for yourself.  Go to it.

The recipient isn't sure what happened.  They want to know why I can't just keep fishing for them.  They continue to feel that it isn't their responsibility so they don't do anything but complain about how I am no longer providing fish for them.  I continue to be resentful that they can't get their own damn fish.  I don't understand why they just don't get to it.

And people that depend on them, continue to starve.  And though I am not fully responsible for that, I am partially responsible.  Because I haven't taught anyone how to fish.  I simply quit providing fish.

Now it's time to do this the right way.  I'm just not sure how.  Maybe someone will show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment