Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Walk in the Park

There is something about a walk on a sunny day that brings forth peace in my soul.  Cool breeze blowing, dogs pulling at the leash when a squirrel teases.  Passing people I don't know as they go along their way. 

The birds chirp and the trees sway and I am home.  I am at that place where any troubles I may have disappear, for at least a moment. 

Our new neighborhood has a small lake and a park at the lake.  Once we get there the dogs are off the leash and there is freedom for everyone.  Freedom to imagine a picnic on the bank on a Spring day or slowly cooking my white skin as summer approaches.  Kayaks gliding through the water as sweat forms beads on my forehead.  Work that feels like play.  Life that feels full.

No comments:

Post a Comment