Monday, January 3, 2011

Wake Up

In the middle of a very pleasant dream (no details people, this is PG) I heard a beeping sound.  Again.  And again.  As dream faded into reality I realized that the alarm that signals entry and exit from our home was going off.  Every 6 seconds.  At first I thought it was Bob on one of his insomniac middle of the night lets pretend like its the middle of the afternoon adventures.  But as I felt next to me I realized he was in the middle of one of his own dreams.

I woke him up so he could figure it out.  As he fumbled around in the dark to put clothes on to face the potential of danger, I snuggled in tighter and waited.  He checked things out, figured out it was the smoke alarm that was set off by an over ambitious fire the night before and reset it so it wouldn't beep anymore. I was almost asleep by this point. 

This morning in the middle of another dream, that I can't remember, a sneezing attack woke me up.  As I glanced at the clock I realized my alarm had failed to go off, so I set it for 40 minutes later.  I snoozed until that alarm rang and my dreams faded into the reality that Christmas vacation was over.

I went to work with a list prepared with determination and hope the night before.  I fumbled around the first few hours trying to remember what it meant to work while spilling my guts in an impromptu therapy session with my friends that included one outrageously funny gyno story (not mine.)  At least one thing on that well prepared list got done. 

Thank God for husbands and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment