Saturday, January 1, 2011

Like a New Year, Like a New Year

There are some things that are different about this New Year, 2011.  New house.  The absence of black-eyed peas, pork chops, resolutions and guilt.

I am not starting this year with grand, life-changing expectations.    I am starting this year with desires, that have remained over time, to be a better person.  To let the circumstances of life form me in a way of my choosing.  A way that makes me wiser and more interesting and not bitter and worn out.  To engage in the rough and tumble of every day with an open mind and willing spirit.  To see beyond what my eyes have seen a thousand times.  Be confident in the trials and the triumphs.  Seek what is best rather than what is comfortable.  Grant forgiveness at the end of every day to myself and anyone along my path.  Savor my cup of tea.

Okay 2011.  I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment