Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Safe Place for Pain

There are few places where most people can be safe with their pain.  For someone like me, who rarely lets anyone past the outer layers, there are even fewer. 

I love the family that I was born into but I come from a "suck it up and quit whining kind of family."  That's fine for the everyday sort of things, but for emotions that are so raw that even I can barely acknowledge them, my family isn't much help. 
\
I married into a family that thinks the best way to deal with any emotion is to ignore it and definitely not talk about it.  This is fine until life throws a curve ball and I simply cannot contain what hurts my heart.

Friends.  For most, this involves a don't ask don't tell policy.  I won't put any heavy emotional demands on you and you don't put any on me and we can talk and hang out some but never go too deep where it all gets messy.

But God provides.  And He has given me a few someones that can handle the hard parts of my life in a way that sees me through to the other side.  I hope that everyone has that.  I hope that I am that person for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment